Tuesday, March 13, 2012

On the Road Ahead

As a person who has changed her course several times in the last twelve years (can you believe I was actually a telemarketer and a car saleswoman before? Don't even get me started on the dating service match maker.) I find this particular quote fitting and accurate. I refuse to be embarrassed by my journeys in life. Each one of them led me to the person and place I am today.




"Each of us has the right and the responsibility to assess the road which lies ahead and those over which we have traveled, and if the feature road looms ominous or unpromising, and the road back uninviting, then we need to gather our resolve and carrying only the necessary baggage, step off that road into another direction. If the new choice is also unpalatable, without embarrassment, we must be ready to change that one as well." --Maya Angelou


What was a time when you had to change courses? I'd love for you to share.

R.S.



No comments:

Post a Comment