Friday, January 4, 2013

On: New Year, New Goals, New Plans

Everyone seems to make resolutions at the beginning of each new year. I've never been good with resolutions.

I'm much better with the word goals. Goals seem to be something solid. Something you can make legitimate plans for.

Anyone who knows me, knows I'm happiest when there is a plan of action in place.

Gone are the days when flying by the seat of my pants was the way to go. Anymore, the thought of that makes me a little queasy and ready to run for the hills.

I think I'm getting old.

Being pregnant doesn't help that either, especially when I have to hit the restroom every 45 minutes without fail. My bladder has shrunk to the size of a pea. Possibly a dehydrated baby pea.

Anyway, onto the Goals for the 2013 year.


  • Blog at least once every week, on Fridays.
  • Become more active in promoting my blog, and connecting with others through social media.
  • Write one piece of Flash Fiction each month.
  • Self-publish two more works. Either novels or short stories.
  • Give birth to a happy and healthy baby.
  • Return to my everyday yoga practice.
  • Finish my yoga instructor training (the one that got postponed due to pregnancy)
  • Keep positive reminders around me, so when I feel down or dark I can remember the good.
  • Snuggle with my children as often as possible.
  • Take time for myself.
  • Make time for at least one date night a month (when the Marine is home).
  • Be the best version of me I can be.
  Make 2013 your year. I know I will.

 What are your goals and plans for the New Year? I'd love to hear. 

R.S.




1 comment:

  1. Hi, R.S. It's been an exhausting 2012, so I've decided to simply usurp your goals. I'm not looking forward to the whole pregnancy and yoga thing, but I simply don't have the energy to come up with my own list. 'Hope your January turns out to be a great start to a successful year for you :-)

    ReplyDelete