Monday, June 6, 2011

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...

The month of May found me not only awaiting the return of my husband who spent the last seven months deployed to Afghanistan, but also found me eyebrows deep in Statistics and Probability. Anyone who knows me, knows I don't just hate math, I loathe it.

I am happy to say however, I'm officially finished with math. My math requirements have been fulfilled, and all that remains of my degree are English focused classes.

After four gruelingly, fast paced weeks of statistical formulas and confusing probabilities on whether or not it was a likely probability that a couple would get a girl out of their pregnancy, or whether or not there would be more yellow pea pods than green; I not only finished my math class with a passing grade-- I got an "A". The only time in the long history of my education I've ever seen that particular letter in conjunction with the subject.

That's right, I took a bite out of Math. We faced off in the dark alley of higher education and I wiped the floor with it.

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead, the Wicked Witch is Dead. 

Don't worry, I remembered to grab Math's ruby red slippers. They were far too sexy for the subject anyway.

All in all, the month ended on a high note. My husband was returned safely to me, my family is once again back together and whole, and the vile subject--math--is eating my dust.

I think it's time to celebrate with a few glasses (bottles) of wine, and a refocusing on my YA series.

I've missed it.

RS

No comments:

Post a Comment