Tuesday, June 28, 2011

There's No Such Thing...

As a bad Brandy Alexander Mystery.

The last few days I've been feeling under the weather, so instead of working on the second book in my YA series, I've been re-reading this catchy series by Shelly Fredman.

I've been an avid reader since I first learned how to read, and I don't foresee that changing just because I'm writing my own books. I love reading, love getting lost in the story and becoming part of the characters' world. I know the book is a smashing hit when I have a hard time separating my reality from the characters'.

There have been times I've read a book or a series, and have been at a loss with what to do with myself for days afterwards.

Almost like coming out of a fog.

And I've seen a lot of fog since I originated in the Pacific Northwest.

True, I haven't published anything... YET, but I know I will. I want my readers to have the same problem as I have when I read a good book. I want them to relate, and if not relate then be intrigued with what is going on in the lives of my characters.

Barring that, I'd be happy with them lusting after the leading men... and there are some sexy leading men.

I'm sure there are other things I should be doing now (like reading more Brandy Alexander--or maybe working on I2), so I leave you with this: If you haven't checked out the Brandy Alexander Mysteries, you should. You won't regret it. :)

R.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment