Monday, September 19, 2011

On Knowing Names

The other day I picked the Munchkin up from school, and one of her teachers came up to speak to me. It turns out that my daughter gave them a reason to smile that day.

In class they wanted to know how many of the students knew what their mothers' and fathers' names were. 

Apparently the Munchkin had no problem telling her teachers what my name was, but when it came to telling them what her Papa's name was she said, with authority, "My Papa's name is, 'Honey'."

Looks like I don't use the Marine's name very often at home. 

Oops. 

Regardless, the teachers thought it was cute, and I have to admit so did I. When I told the Marine about it, he rolled his eyes and said, "Thanks, Babe."

Awww, gotta love what comes out of the mouth of toddlers. 


Do you have a story like this? Something your child or a child you know has said or done that made you smile? I'd love to hear it.


R.S.

2 comments:

  1. There is a super cute book I believed called Mommy doesn't know my name It's about a mom who uses different terms of endearment with her daughter throughout the day. She always replies with >
    "my name is hannah"
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/514QS7FTJML._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

    ReplyDelete