Monday, August 22, 2011

On the 'Big Poopy'

There are several well known 'joys' of parenting. They're the ones everybody warns you about before you have children, or when they first find out you're pregnant. They're also the ones asked about during the first year of your child's life.


  • Late night and early morning feedings.
  • Changing diapers
  • Burp up or formula spew
  • Blow out diapers
  • Feeding solids--or mush as the case may be.
What nobody thinks to mention comes later in a child's life. 

It comes after potty training. When your child is so proud of their accomplishments they want to share them with you. It loud, excited detail.

TM: "Momma, did you hear that Big splash from the Big poopy?!"

Me: "I sure did."

TM: "Come check my Big poopy, Momma!"

Me: *Sigh* "I'm coming."

My daughter is really going to love me when she gets older and realizes I share these stories with the world. 

Do you have any funny stories of parenting?


R.S.



3 comments:

  1. I can't think of any particular time where I have ever been asked to look at my kid's poo. Thank goodness. Been forced to see it, yes; been bragged about? No. Thanks babe...there were tears, I tell ya, tears! LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol...the Chitlin is still young so we haven't hit this stage yet but if she's anything like her dad I'm sure this day will come...J/K! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO. Grace does this a lot. She likes to discuss what's in it. She hated to wipe her own butt, but she's finally mastered that.

    ReplyDelete